Facts About Pest Control Termites Springfield Missouri In Winter
Pest control termites Springfield Missouri during the winter is highly effective for preventing damage to your home. As soon as you see signs of a termite infestation, contact a professional exterminator to schedule an inspection. If termites are discovered, pest control termites Springfield Missouri can begin treatments to eliminate these troublesome pests.
Here are a few important observations that can help you learn more about termites and how to eliminate them.
- Termite colonies can multiply and the damage to your home substantially increases with colony growth. Statistics indicate that homeowners spend around $5 billion every year in restoration costs due to termite damage. Alternatively, pest control termites Springfield Missouri is a much more conservative – and worthwhile – expense for eliminating infestations.
- Early detection is imperative. While they are most active during the warmer months, termites are also very active during the winter. Once they dig in, they begin feasting on your home’s walls and foundations, as well as outbuildings, doors and windows. Of significance, they can do a lot of insidious damage to your property before you even know they are there.
- Unfortunately, many people don’t even recognize termites; if you even see them at all, you might think they are ants. It’s an easy mistake as termites and ants are similar in size and shape and in some cases behavior. The difference is that termites are a light colored almost translucent creamy white. Termites have straight antennae, unlike ants whose antennae are bent. Termites have a thicker waist area than ants. Both flying ants and termites have two sets of wings. A termite’s wings are equal in size compared to ants who have one set that is larger than the other.
- Usually, the first sign of a termite infestation is the presence of flying termites. Swarming termites (or alates) have left the nest to find a mate and start a new colony. Some species swarm at night, others in daylight. Drywood termites tend to swarm after rain. Flying termites lose their wings shortly after finding a mate and will leave the discarded wings behind.
- Termites can be found inside the walls, foundation, and other areas during the fall and winter where there is shelter from the weather. The only thing that changes when the temperatures fall is their routine. When their summer food sources die due to cold temperatures, they dig alternate tunnels deeper into the ground for warmth, particularly in areas close to or inside a warm house.
If you have never seen termites and the destruction they can cause, you need to learn what to look for and how to proceed. When termites have gone undetected for a long period of time causing significant damage to the walls and foundation of your home, repairs and – in severe cases – replacement of certain structural supports are needed.
The technicians at Expert Pest Solutions can provide you with recommendations for treatments, and conduct a winter inspection for visible signs of termite activity or damage. For more information or to schedule an inspection for pest control termites Springfield Missouri, give us a call right away. We provide service to Springfield, Nixa, Ozark and surrounding areas.
Expert Pest Solutions