Pest Control Termites with our Specialized Service Program
Pest control termite services are available to homeowners and businesses in Springfield, Missouri, year-round. Expert Pest Solutions knows how important it is to treat an infestation when/if it arises and prevent one from ever forming again. It’s imperative to contact pest control termites for an inspection and treatment as soon as possible if you notice any of these annoying bugs.
- Regular Inspections: Conduct regular inspections of your home for any signs of termite activity. Look for mud tubes, damaged wood, or discarded wings near windows and doors.
- Eliminate Moisture: Termites are attracted to moisture. Ensure proper drainage around your home to prevent water pooling near the foundation. Repair any leaks in your plumbing and keep gutters and downspouts clean and functioning.
- Keep Wood Away from the Foundation: Avoid stacking firewood, lumber, or cellulose-based materials near your home’s foundation. Termites can quickly move from these sources to your house.
- Seal Cracks and Crevices: Seal any cracks, gaps, or openings in your home’s foundation and walls to prevent termites from entering. Use caulk or sealant to close these entry points.
- Use Termite-Resistant Building Materials: When building or renovating your home, consider using termite-resistant materials like pressure-treated wood or concrete block.
- Maintain Proper Ventilation: Ensure good ventilation in your crawl spaces and attics to reduce humidity levels, as termites are attracted to moist environments.
- Install Physical Barriers: Install physical termite barriers or termite shields during construction to block their entry into your home. These can be installed in the foundation, walls, and around pipes.
- Regular Professional Inspections: Schedule annual termite inspections with a professional pest control termites company. Termite activity can be challenging to detect early without expert help.
- Educate Yourself: Learn more about termites, their behavior, and common signs of infestations. Knowing what to look for can help you spot problems early.