Pest Control Ants – Carpenter Ants
Pest control ants is an important service for homeowners who have to deal with infestations of any kind of ants. At Expert Pest Solutions, we offer services to pest control ants and most other common household vermin. During the late spring and early summer, household ants begin building their mounds and start searching for food, and if left to themselves they will start taking up residence inside or around your home. Call the experts to pest control ants before it gets out of control.
Carpenter ants are a type of ant species that are known for their ability to create nests in wood. They are typically larger in size than other ant species and are commonly found in forested areas or near sources of water. These ants can range in color from black to red, or a combination of both colors. They have a segmented body with a narrow waist, and they are usually between ¼ to ¾ inch long. Carpenter ants also have large mandibles or jaws, which they use to excavate tunnels and galleries in wood. Carpenter ants do not eat wood, but they are able to dig out tunnels and galleries in wood to create their nests. These nests can cause damage to homes and buildings if left untreated, as the ants can weaken the structural integrity of the wood. It’s important to pest control ants as soon as possible to avoid damage to your home.
Carpenter ants can be found living in a variety of environments, but they prefer to establish their nests in damp or decaying wood. They are commonly found in forested areas, but they can also be found in residential homes and commercial buildings where there is a source of moisture and wood. These ants have been known to feed on a variety of insects, including dead insects, live insects, and insect larvae. They may also feed on sweet substances such as honeydew, which is a sugary liquid produced by certain insects such as aphids. Carpenter ants have been observed tending to aphids to collect the honeydew they produce. Therefore, areas such as around windows and doors, roofs, attics, and crawl spaces, where moisture can accumulate, can be a common nesting site for carpenter ants. To pest control ants carpenter ants, you can take the following steps:
- Remove any sources of moisture: Carpenter ants are attracted to moisture, so eliminate any water leaks, standing water, or damp areas in your home or yard.
- Seal cracks and crevices: Carpenter ants can enter your home through small cracks and gaps in the foundation, walls, or roof. Seal these openings with caulk or foam insulation.
- Trim trees and shrubs: Carpenter ants can use tree branches or shrubs to gain access to your home. Trim these plants so they don’t touch your house.
- Store firewood away from your home: Carpenter ants can live in firewood, so store it away from your home and off the ground.
- Keep your home clean: Carpenter ants are attracted to food scraps and crumbs, so keep your home clean and free of clutter.
- Inspect your home regularly: Check for signs of carpenter ants, such as sawdust or piles of debris near wooden structures.
- Hire a professional pest control company: If you have a carpenter ant infestation, it’s best to hire a professional pest control ants company to treat the problem. They can use specialized products and techniques to eliminate the ants and prevent them from returning.
If you’ve done all of these things and the ants are still bugging you, call Expert Pest Solutions at (417) 413-4776 or visit our website to request a quote to pest control ants. Our local team of certified professional exterminators will inspect your home and formulate a plan to eliminate existing pests and prevent future infestations. With over 25 years of pest control experience, Expert Pest Solutions has a plan to fit your needs and your budget.