Is It Time to Pest Control Termites? Signs to Watch For
Every year homeowners spend about $5 billion in property damage and repair costs due to termites. That’s why it should be a high priority with homeowners when they’ve discovered termite damage – immediately. If left untreated too long, termite damage can run into significant restoration expenses. It is rare but not unheard of for some termite species to damage a home beyond repair. If you’ve seen them actively swarming, you may have mistaken them for some type of fly or other insects. Unfortunately, all too often you won’t know you have termites until your foot goes through the floor or something worse.
You should never let your guard down where termites are concerned. You should inspect around your home periodically for pest control termites in order to identify them and get treatment as soon as possible. It’s also important to remember these facts:
- Termites don’t swarm in winter, preferring the warmer months—usually March through November.
- A mature termite colony can do a lot of damage to your home in the fall and winter.
- Termite colonies can multiply and the damage to your home substantially increases with colony growth.
- Discoloration and buckling of walls and ceilings
- Sagging drywall and holes
- Warped and bubbled floors
- Loose floor tiles
- Sawdust/crumbling wood
- Mud tunnels on foundations and wooden structures
- Swarms of termites
We provide service to Springfield, Ozark, Nixa, Republic, Rogersville, and Strafford. Expert Pest Solutions does termite inspections and treatment to all structures. Prices vary depending on the size of the structure and type of foundation. Contact (417) 413-4776 for answers to your questions or to schedule an inspection. We also offer quarterly service plans.