Flea Prevention Tips From Expert Pests of Springfield
When fleas invade your home, they spread like wildfire! Don’t let fleas take control of your home – call the professionals at Expert Pest Solutions. Fleas are quick to infest homes and other places they find cozy – and it only takes one to make an even larger issue! They can be found anywhere in the U.S., and when you have pets in the home, they can be challenging to gain control of.
This is a horror story about fleas. Your room is full of fleas. You are tired of waking up during the middle of the night, itching like crazy, then finding new bites in the morning. You haven’t been able to sleep for the first hour each night for the past week because the itching is unbearable, and you can see them during the day and feel the fleas crawling on your skin at night. Don’t let this become your reality! As soon as you discover fleas on your pets, in your yard, or inside your home – don’t wait! Fleas are a dark reddish-brown color and very small with a flat shape, leaving tiny red bite marks that will itch like crazy. While the itchiness and bite marks will slowly disappear without any long-term effects on your health, flea bites can have other, more serious side effects. Did you know fleas carry diseases and parasites? Therefore, you must pest control fleas – for the safety of you and your family.
Fleas are pesky parasites that can infest your home and cause discomfort for you and your pets. Preventing fleas is much easier than dealing with an infestation. Here are some flea prevention tips to help you keep these pests at bay:
- Regularly groom your pets with a flea comb to check for signs of fleas. Bathing your pets with flea-preventive shampoos can also help keep fleas away.
- Consult your veterinarian to choose a suitable pet flea preventive treatment. These can come in the form of topical solutions, collars, or oral medications.
- Vacuum your home regularly, paying extra attention to carpets, rugs, and areas where your pets spend time. This helps remove flea eggs, larvae, and adults.
- Wash your pet’s bedding, toys, and other items they frequently use in hot water to kill any fleas or eggs present.
- Trim the grass and bushes in your yard regularly. Fleas thrive in shady, humid areas, so maintaining a well-groomed yard can reduce their presence.
- Some plants like lavender, mint, and rosemary are believed to have flea-repelling properties. Planting them in your garden or around the house might help deter fleas.
- Avoid leaving food outside that might attract wild animals like raccoons, opossums, or stray cats, as they can carry fleas.
- Seal any entry points in your home where wild animals might sneak in, as they can bring fleas inside.
- Schedule regular check-ups with your veterinarian to ensure your pets remain healthy and flea-free.
- If your pets interact with other animals, especially in public spaces or parks, keep an eye out for signs of fleas and promptly address any issues.
- If you experience a severe flea infestation, consider contacting a professional pest control service to address the problem effectively.
Fleas typically live for about 100 days, during which time they will produce around 500 eggs, meaning one flea can become a few hundred fleas quickly. We can all agree that nobody wants a yard full of fleas that can hitch a ride on our pets and get carried into the house. The best way to handle the situation is to pest control fleas as quickly as possible, and then once the exterminator has done their job, you just keep up the preventative work.
Expert Pest Solutions offers a one-time service option to help you deal with flea issues quickly. This service is not recommended to achieve long-term control or reduce pest pressure in your home. Pricing depends on the severity and type of pest problem you may face. All our one-time service options have a 60-day guarantee as well – so if we don’t pest control fleas the first time, we will the second! If you call us out for fleas and it takes three treatments over two months to solve, you only pay the initial price. We service the entire Springfield metro, including the areas of Ozark, Nixa, Republic, Rogersville, and Strafford, providing clients with everything they need for a pest free home. We can be reached by calling (417) 413-4776 or visiting our website.